Gala Events: London Sales Manager
This role will oversee the development of Gala’s increased activity in London. The person will have experience of having worked for a sports team/venue in London. The role will encompass the following;
- Lunch with a Legend Events: Selling places to Gala Events’ brand of London lunches, ‘Lunch with a Legend’. These will see some of the top names in sport (such as Harry Redknapp, Michael Vaughan, Sam Allardyce) appearing in some unique London venues (e.g. HMS Belfast, Cutty Sark, Royal Albert Hall). The candidate will be selling sponsorship and standard places for the lunches.
- Long Room Lunch: Gala run a prestigious annual event in the Long Room at Lords Cricket Ground. This first event ran in 2013 and has included speakers such as James Anderson, Darren Gough, Nasser Hussain, Michael Vaughan, Tim Bresnan and Steve Harmison. The candidate will be selling sponsorship and general places for this lunch.
- Diamond League Athletics: Gala Events are proud to have the exclusive hospitality contract for the Diamond League Athletics at The Olympic Stadium. Our contract includes a clause with UK Athletics where the top athletes such as Usain Bolt, Mo Farrah and Jess Ennis to come into our lounge and speak after the event!
- Other Gala Products: The candidate will be responsible for selling all of Gala’s other packages and events, e.g. Twickenham Rugby, Football, Concerts at The O2, etc.
- Any Other Ideas: The candidate will be responsible for coming up with other event ideas to sell.
Estimated salary: £25-£30k per annum (depending on the candidate) plus a generous commission package. We’re very happy to be flexible with our package depending on the right candidate. This is a great opportunity to grow an established business in a new area and we hope the candidate will grow with the business. Please send CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org