Enjoy a coaching session followed by lunch with former world no.5 and Wimbledon Mixed Doubles champion Jo Durie!
Enjoy an experience you’ll treasure forever, with a morning of coaching with former world no. 5 and long-standing British no. 1 tennis player Jo Durie. Now a highly respected tennis coach, Jo will forever be remembered by Wimbledon fans for winning the Mixed Doubles title at the All England Club in 1987 with British men’s no. 1 Jeremy Bates.
During her career Jo performed superbly in all the Grand Slam singles tournaments, with best performances being runs to the semi-finals of both the French and US Opens in 1983, as well as the Australian Open quarter-finals. Her best run in the singles at Wimbledon came the following year, when she reached the quarter-finals, including beating a precocious 15-year-old called Steffi Graf in a memorable fourth round match!
After your coaching session, you’ll be able to enjoy a delicious lunch and drinks with Jo, when she’ll share with you some stories from her career, and tales from the locker room. This is a fantastic opportunity to enjoy a truly unique day in the company of an iconic British sports star!
Jo Durie Career Stats
- Highest world singles ranking: No. 5
- British No. 1 for over a decade
- US Open semi-finalist 1983
- French Open semi-finalist 1983
- Australian Open quarter-finalist 1983
- Wimbledon quarter-finalist 1984
- 2 x WTA Tour titles
- Grand slam wins: Wimbledon Mixed Doubles 1987, Australian Open Mixed Doubles 1991
- 4-time Grand Slam Women’s Doubles semi-finalist